Suspect 'linked' to Stockton murders denies violence

5:17 PM, Feb 26, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +
Tyrone Sotolongo, Jerone Sotolongo

STOCKTON, CA - One of the twin brothers arrested last week in Stockton and allegedly linked to three recent Stockton homicides said Tuesday morning he's not responsible for any killings or shootings.

In a jailhouse interview, 19-year-old Jerone Sotolongo admitted to plenty of criminal activity, but not a killing.

"If you want to say I'm selling dope, or drugs, you can say that.  I admit to that," said Sotolongo.

Stockton police said Monday evening the Sotolongo brothers were linked to two homicides in 2012 and another one in 2011.  Officer Joe Silva also said the brothers were persons of interest in last September's murder of Armando Pina in Victory Park in broad daylight.

"They're just trying any little thing to take me and my brother down for something we got nothing to do with," said Sotolongo.

Silva said his department needs more information from the public to solidify the cases against the Sotolongos.  He said their high bail amounts should make it safer for someone to assist detectives.

"We know the brothers are in custody.  We're hoping someone will step forward and provide investigators with the information to solve those cases," said Silva.

Jerone Sotolongo's bail was set at $1.3 million. Bail for his brother Tyrone was set at $4.75 million.

By tdaly@news10.net

News10/KXTV

Most Watched Videos