CARMICHAEL, CA - A plume of black smoke over Carmichael Wednesday afternoon was from a house fire.
The fire was contained to the garage of a home on the 6200 block of Samoa Way, according to Sacramento Metro Fire District Assistant Chief Walter White. Two men in the home reported smelling smoke and opened the door to the garage to see flames.
They left the home safely.
White said there was extensive smoke damage to the home as well as minor heat damage to the exterior of a neighboring home.
There was no early word on the cause of the fire.