ELK GROVE, Calif. - We're about two weeks away from the second busiest travel season of the year.
AAA estimated that last year about 92 million people traveled during the holiday season; this year, more people are expected to make their own journeys.
IN-DEPTH: Travel on a Budget
Elk Grove Travel's Roy Lindahl outlined 10 things to keep in mind when planning a trip:
- Shop Around
- Beware of unknown websites
- Be Flexible/Calendar/When to purchase
- Alternative airports
- Sales 3-4 months out
- Except for holiday travel
- No more last minute deals
- Okay for hotels, rental cars, cruises etc.
- Beware of bargain deals/hidden fees
- Seat assignment costs
- Appearance of full aircraft
- Unused tickets
- Know their obligations