Text message alerts on your mobile phone from News10.net
Stay connected wherever you are! Get news headlines, weather along with other local Northern California information sent to you as a text message to your wireless device.
To receive News10.net text message alerts, check the list below for the kind of alerts you want. Once you've made your selection, send it in a text message to 25543.
Example: For breaking news alerts, text news10 to 25543.
- Breaking News alerts
- Text the keyword NEWS10 for the latest news updates and breaking news
- Deal Chicken
- Text the keyword CHICKEN to get a daily deal text alert
- Weather alerts:
Text the keyword SACRAMENTO for the latest Weather updates
Text the keyword STOCKTON for the latest Weather updates
Text the keyword MODESTO for the latest Weather updates
Text the keyword TAHOE for the latest Weather updates
Text the keyword MARYSVILLE for the latest Weather updates
- Allergy and Air Quality alerts -
Text the keyword NEWS10ALLERGY for pollen and air quality updates
- Traffic -
Text the keyword TRAFFIC10 for the latest traffic updates
- Sports -
Text the keyword KINGS for updates on the Sacramento Kings
- To stop receiving News10.net text message alerts - Text STOP to 25543.
- Need help or have additional mobile questions? -
For assistance, text HELP to 25543.
* By signing up for text alert from this site, you may receive 3 to 7 SMS text alert(s) per alert category per week. There is no service fee charged per month but message and data rates may apply. Please check with your carrier. Data plan required to use mobile Web. You must be at least thirteen (13) years of age to sign up for alert services. If you are between 13 and 17 years old, you agree that you have received parental permission both to complete the registration process and to receive SMS content on your cell phone.
Text Alert Q&A
How do I sign up? Fill out the form below. A PIN confirmation number will be sent to your cell phone from 25543. Use it to log in.
You can also call 877-571-0774 for tech support.
I receive an error message - If you see the following message Please log in to update your subscriptions, it means the phone number is already in the system. Please click here to add or change your alerts subscriptions. A PIN confirmation number will be sent to your cell phone from 25543. Use it to log in.
Is there a fee? - NEWS10 does not charge for this service. However, message & data rates may apply from your mobile provider. Check with your mobile provider for charges and plans.
When will I get the alerts? - You will receive breaking news and severe weather alerts as soon as they are issued.
I am still having problems. Who do I contact? E-mail us at email@example.com.
METROPCS CUSTOMERS: NEWS10.net text alerts are currently not supported for MetroPCS
SPRINT CUSTOMERS: If you aren't receiving texts, "premium short codes" may be blocked. Contact your local Sprint support (*611) and ask about releasing the shortcode 25543.
IPHONE APP USERS: There is an option for push notifications with the NEWS10 iPhone app. If you have this app installed and push notifications turned on, it may look like a text alert. This can be modified in your iPhone app settings.
Sign up for county-by-county weather alerts and more...