SACRAMENTO, CA - The third defendant in a 2010 homicide at a Sacramento fast-food restaurant parking lot has been found guilty of second-degree murder and gun charges.
The Sacramento County District Attorney's Office said Andre Powe could received 43 years to life in prison when he is sentenced Sept. 28 in the murder of Shawn West at a Jack-in-Box on the corner of Stockton Boulevard and Elsie Avenue Jan. 26, 2010.
Two other defendants previously pled guilty. Joel Satchell testified against Powe and pled to voluntary manslaughter and attempted robbery in exchange for seven years, eight months in prison, said D.A. spokeswoman Shelly Orio. Cort Parnell Milgrim entered a guilty plea to first-degree murder, attempted robbery and child endangerment during jury selection at his trial. He will be sentenced 28 years to life, Orio said.
At the time of the crime, the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department said the shooting appeared to be the result of a drug deal gone sour. Milgrim had his girlfriend's toddler with them, hence the child endangerment charge.