Nitric Acid spill in Rancho Cordova
RANCHO CORDOVA, CA - Sacramento Metro Fire's HazMat team responded to a call for a toxic spill Tuesday morning.
It happened in the 11000 block of White Rock Road in Rancho Cordova. Sacramento Metro Fire Chief William B. Sponable said a 55- gallon drum of nitric acid spilled outside the PCS Environmental Services building.
That caused crews to then try to transfer the nitric acid to another drum. People were evacuated from the building as a precaution.
Sponable said no one was sickened or injured and everyone was let back in to the building a short time later.