Samuel Nathan Duran, 32, has barricaded himself in a home in Roseville and is in a standoff with law enforcement. He is a suspect in the shooting Friday of two Roseville police officers and an Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent. Another Roseville police officer was wounded by shrapnel.
News10's Thom Jensen has compiled some information on Duran's background:
• Duran was born in Roseville and attended Oakmont High School but did not graduate.
• In 2009 Duran was arrested for attempted carjacking and resisting arrest.
• Family members said he was wanted for a recent incident involving a knife.
• A family member said Duran has had altercations with police. Those previous run-ins did not involve guns, the family member said.
• Police have said the Duran is on parole.