SACRAMENTO, CA - It was a frightening and unforgettable first period for Noah Tait.
The McClatchy High School 10th grader began to choke on his breakfast burrito in class.
"After trying to swallow it and trying to cough it out, I realized I was choking on it," Tait explained.
"He started making like the scariest noise I have ever heard," classmate Chase Gray recalled. "I thought he was gonna die."
Tait got his teacher Tim Douglas' attention, who came to his rescue.
"He performed the Heimlich maneuver on me and the food popped out," Tait said.
"It's always been something that I have kept in the back of my head," Douglas said. "It's also a reason why we should have school nurses because they provide important training."
Douglas took Heimlich maneuver training 10 years ago by a school nurse.
"I'm just glad it's over, it's just all in a day's work," Douglas said. "I am just glad I could help."
Tait and his mom, Maria Tait are super thankful.
"I hugged him and my son hugged him," Maria Tait said. "I am thinking what can I do to repay you? Because there is nothing you can do to repay that."
"I gave him a huge hug, I am extremely thankful," Noah Tait said.