2012 is the 25th anniversary of Capcom's 'Street Fighter' game.
Video game publisher Capcom has released its limited edition Street Fighter 25th Anniversary collector's set in North America. The set can be purchased on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 for $149.99.
Honoring one of the most popular videogame franchises of all time, the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary collector's set is a celebration and tribute to the game franchise's fans. The limited edition sets are individually numbered and packed with Street Fighter games, videos, art, music, and exclusive collectibles. All of the items are housed in a specially created chest complete with a certificate of authenticity.
The set's contents include:
- Four past and present Street Fighter titles (Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition with all costume DLC, and Street Fighter X Tekken including all character and Swap Costume DLC.
- A two-disc Blu-Ray set that includes a documentary highlighting the influence the franchise has had on fans (and vice versa) throughout the years. The collection of videos also includes the 'Street Fighter IV' and 'Super Street Fighter IV' anime movies as well as all episodes of the 'Street Fighter' animated series and' Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie'.
- A specially commissioned and highly-detailed collectable Ryu statue stands prominently at 8" tall and features the iconic character in mid-Shoryuken, with flames lit from below.
- An 11-disc soundtrack spanning the past 25 years, in addition to remixes and fan-created music inspired by past Street Fighter games.
- A 64-page hardcover art book paying tribute to Street Fighter game fans from all over the world, including fan pieces submitted by professional and aspiring artists alike.
- Ryu's Belt, including his classic "Furinkazan" in kanji.
- Capcom's official certificate of authenticity.
The aforementioned Street Fighter games are rated "T for Teen" by the ESRB.