1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below. The News10 Office Games Video Contest (the "Contest") is open to legal U.S. residents of the State of California who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of KXTV-TV ("Sponsor"), Gannett Co., Inc. and Round Table Pizza, and their respective affiliated companies, contractors and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees and contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Contest will begin at 4:01 p.m. (P.T.) on Monday July 30, 2012 and end at 11:59 p.m. (P.T.) on Saturday, August 11, 2012 (the "Contest Period"). The Contest entry period begins at 4:01 p.m. (P.T.) on Monday, July 30, 2012 and ends at 12:00 p.m. Noon (P.T.) on Monday, August 6, 2012 (the "Contest Entry Period").
Internet Entry. Enter by visiting Sponsor's website page at (http://www.news10.net), completing all of the required information, and uploading one (1) video of no longer than three (3) minutes in length in which your business office is competing in a game involving office furniture, supplies or other items found in your place of business, such as office chair races, wastebasket basketball, timed paperclip ropemaking, etc. accompanied by a 500 word or less description in English, identifying the game, your company or business's name, and the names of the persons shown in the video. Submit the video and description entry to email@example.com. Entries that are intended to serve or promote a personal or business endeavor will not be accepted and will be disqualified. Each video submission must have been recorded within the previous twelve (12)-month period, be an authentic, original video, and the contestant must own the copyright of the video submitted. The video must only show participants currently employed at your workplace and can have up to ten (10) people in the video. All individuals shown in the video must be at least 18 years of age at the time of submission. The individual submitting the entry must appear in the video to be eligible. Videos and descriptions provided must be taken and written by contestant and not published previously. Sponsor will accept the formats of. mov or. mpg. Sponsor reserves the rights to refuse any video it determines to be obscene, offensive, unacceptable or inappropriate, and any video depicting frontal nudity will be ineligible and withdrawn. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is alleged to infringe on any third-party's intellectual property rights, either in the description or video. Contestants certify that any individuals of any age shown in video furnished, have been informed that their video has been entered in a Contest and have no objection to Contestant's submission and Sponsor's display and posting of such video for purposes of this Contest. Videos must not have been digitally altered in any way other than necessary cropping. All entries, may be posted on all Sponsor's websites, or displayed on Sponsor's newscasts, at Sponsor's sole discretion.
There is no limit on the number of entries that may be submitted by a contestant. Entries submitted by the same contestant under different user accounts will be disqualified. Entries must be received by 12:00 Noon (P.T.) on Monday, August 6, 2012.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries. All entries become property of Sponsor. Contestants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, create a sound recording of, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to contestants. Contestants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to contestants. By entering you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Contest website or in any email received from Sponsor.
4. Winner Selection. Ten (10) entries will be randomly selected by Sponsor from among all eligible entries during the Contest Entry Period and will be posted on Sponsor's Facebook page (http:www.facebook.com/news10) and open for public voting through the Facebook page by individuals who are 18 years or older beginning at 9:00 a.m. (P.T.) on Tuesday, August 7, 2012 through 11:59 p.m. (P.T.) on Saturday, August 11, 2012. If less than ten (10) eligible entries were submitted, then all eligible entries will be posted and available for public voting.
Voters will cast their vote by selecting a video they believe best depicts team spirit and creativity. Limit one vote per day per person during the Contest Period. The video entry with the highest percentage of recorded eligible votes as of 11:59 pm (P.T.) on Saturday, August 11, 2012 will be the winner and the contestant who submitted the video entry will be contacted as the winner. In the event of a tie; the winning entry will be randomly selected by the Sponsor from among the tied entries. Decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding in all respects.
5. Prizes and Odds. The winner will receive a pizza lunch with Sponsor at the Sponsor's business office at 400 Broadway, Sacramento, California, for a maximum of 10 people from the winner's business office. (ARV $250). Participants at the lunch are not required to be the same individuals in the winning video but must be employees or contractors in winner's business office. The time and date of the lunch will be mutually determined by Sponsor and the winner.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. The Winner will be notified on or about Sunday, August 12, 2012 via the email address provided on winner's entry form. The winner must respond to the winner notification within 48 hours. Failure to respond within such time period or return of email prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. The winner will claim the prize when he or she appears for lunch at the Sponsor's office at 400 Broadway, Sacramento, CA 95818. A valid photo identification may be required. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prize is not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner's consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected entries, poor quality photos, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries, or votes by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest. By participating in this promotion, each participant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and Facebook from and against all claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries, and damages arising out of the promotion, including, but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property or any other harm arising out of participant's participation in the promotion, the receipt, use, or misuse of any prize, or any travel or activity that is related to the promotion or any prize. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
8. Copyright. By entering the Contest, each contestant grants to Sponsor an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the contestant's submitted entry, including any accompanying photograph or description, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Each contestant further agrees that if his/her entry is selected by Sponsor as the winning entry, he/she will sign any additional license or release that Sponsors may require, and will not publicly perform or display his or her submission without the express permission of Sponsors.
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor. The News10 Office Games Video Contest is sponsored by KXTV. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after September 7, 2012) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Winners List/Official Rules" (as applicable), News10 Office Games Video Contest, 400 Broadway, Sacramento, CA 95818. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Maneeza Iqbal at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (916) 321-3242.