News10 My Neighborhood Amazing Viral Race Contest
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below. the "News10 My Neighborhood Amazing Viral Race Contest" (the "Contest") is open to legal U.S. residents of the State of California who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of KXTV-TV ("Sponsor"), Gannett Co., Inc., and El Dorado Hills Town Center participating businesses, and their respective affiliated companies, contractors and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees and contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. Voting for the Contest will begin at 2:00 p.m. (P.T.) on Sunday, July 1, 2012 and end at 11:59 p.m. (P.T.) on Wednesday, August 15, 2012 (the "Contest Period").
Internet Entry. Enter by submitting (1) photo of the entrant at (1) El Dorado Hills participating business or (1) screen shot of (1) tweet, (1) facebook post or (1) blog about El Dorado Hills Town Center or (1) of the El Dorado Hills Town Center participating businesses, submitted by the entrant. Only one (1) photo and description or (1) screen shot per participating business may be submitted per entry, and each entrant may submit only (1) photo and (1) screen shot per participating business. Entries submitted by the same entrant under different user accounts will be disqualified. Each photo or posting entry must have been generated during the contest period.
The submitted photo or screen shot must be emailed to email@example.com
All digital entries should be at the highest resolution possible. Sponsor will accept the formats of jpeg or tiff. Sponsor reserves the rights to refuse any photograph it determines to be obscene, offensive, unacceptable or inappropriate, and any photo depicting frontal nudity will be ineligible and withdrawn. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is alleged to infringe on any third-party's intellectual property rights. Contestants certify that any individuals of any age shown in photos furnished, and the parents and/or legal guardians of any children shown in any photos furnished, have been informed that their, or their child's, photo has been entered in a Contest and have no objection to Contestant's submission and Sponsor's display and posting of such photo for purposes of this Contest. Images must not have been digitally altered in any way other than necessary cropping. All entries, may be posted on all Sponsor's websites, or displayed on KXTV's newscasts, at Sponsor's sole discretion. One entry per participating El Dorado Hills Town Center business per household. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (P.T.) on Wednesday, August 15, 2012.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries. All entries become property of Sponsor. Contestants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, create a sound recording of, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to entrants. Entrants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to entrants. By entering you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Contest website or in any email received from Sponsor.
4. Winner Selection. Entries will be posted on Sponsor's News10 My Neighborhood "Over $1500 in prizes: My Neighborhood Amazing Viral Race contest" photo gallery article. A total of (14) Prize winners will be selected at the end of the Sweepstakes Period in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received.
5. Prizes and Odds. One (1) prize winner will receive one (1) of the following prizes from the listed El Dorado Hills Town Center participating businesses:
* El Dorado Hills Health Club family membership including all registration fees for one month valued at $433
* Tan Central package - 5 collagen rejuvenation red light therapy & 5 super tanning sessions valued at $180
* Big O Tire tire alignment valued between $70-160, depending on the car
* Town Center Family Chiropractic exam with x-rays valued at $180
* Town Center Bike & Tri $100 gift card
* Asante Spa massage valued at $85
* $79.98 PACKAGE: Suds Car Wash gift card towards a car wash and a Jiffy Lube oil change
* $77.50 PACKAGE: Mia Sorella Olive Oil $35 gift card, Hub Coffee House and Café $15 gift certificate, Cold Stone Creamery $10 gift certificate and 5 free smoothies Juice It Up gift cards
* Adams Cigars shirt and hat valued at $60
* Salorah Hair Solan haircut valued at $50
* Café Campanile $50 gift card
* Bistro 33 $50 gift card
* Selland's Market Café $50 gift card
* Massage Envy massage valued at $49.99
All participating businesses are located at the El Dorado Town Center, Town Center Blvd, El Dorado Hills, CA 95762. Prizes are valid through August 15, 2013.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
A computerized random generator program will pick the 14 prize winners in chronological order. Each of the 14 winners will then be able to select their prize from the prizes remaining in the order that they were picked by the computerized random generator program.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified no later than August 24, 2012 via email provided on winner's entry form. Each winner must respond to the winner notification within 48 hours. Failure to respond within such time period or return of email prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries.
To claim prize, each winner must personally pick it up at the News10 Station at 400 Broadway in Sacramento within (10) business days after notification and a valid photo identification may be required.
Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries (either photos or ballots), poor quality photos, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries, or votes by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes in is no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for these sweepstakes and will not be distributed to any third party vendors.
8. Copyright. By entering the Contest, each contestant grants to Sponsor an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the contestant's submitted entry, including any accompanying photograph or description, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Each contestant further agrees that if his/her entry is selected by Sponsor as the winning entry, he/she will sign any additional license or release that Sponsors may require, and will not publicly perform or display his or her submission without the express permission of Sponsors.
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor. The My Neighborhood Amazing Viral Race Contest is sponsored by News10/KXTV. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after June 17, 2012) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Winners List/Official Rules" (as applicable), My Neighborhood Amazing Viral Race Contest, 400 Broadway, Sacramento, CA 95818. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Amy Jacobson Kurokawa. 916-321-3417 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org