News10 is giving you a little break at the pump this May with our Gus Buster Sweepstakes.
Beginning May 1, visit the News10 Facebook page at http://ulink.tv/49 and enter our sweepstakes FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A $100 GAS CARD.
If you are on our Facebook page, and don't see the entry form, look for the "contest" link under our Facebook Timeline cover photo.
We'll be drawing one winner each Friday night in May. The first drawing will be on May 4.
Click here to enter today.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Gas-Buster Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open to legal U.S. residents of the State of California who are 18 years or older at the time of entry and who "Like" News10's Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/News10),. Employees of KXTV ("Sponsor"), Gannett Co., Inc., Chevron Corporation, Chevron stations, and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. If you (or a person residing in the same home/mailing address has won a prize within the last 30 days, you are not eligible to enter or win.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 12:01 p.m. (P.T.) on Tuesday, May 1, 2012 and end at 4:59 p.m. (P.T.) on Friday, May 25, 2011 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Enter by visiting the official News10 Facebook Fan Page website (http://www.facebook.com/News10), sign up for the sweepstakes by "liking" the page, completing all of the required information, and following all posted instructions. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn't interfere with processing your entry. Complete the entry form and any other required fields and then submit your entry by clicking on the "SEND" button. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from the sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on any email received from Sponsor. Maximum one (1) entry per person per day. Entries will be carried over for each day's drawing..
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or Facebook ID. The authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
4. Winner Selection. A total of three (4) Prize winners will be selected during the Sweepstakes Period. One (1) prize winner will be selected each Friday, (each "Sweepstakes week") in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received, during the Sweepstakes Period, Entries not selected as the prize winner any Sweepstakes Week will be carried over to the following Sweepstakes Week's entries.
5. Prizes and Odds. Each winner will receive a $100 Chevron gas card, valid at any Chevron station. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified on each Thursday during the Sweepstakes Period (May 4, 11, 18 and 25) via email provided on winner's registration form. Each winner must respond to the winner notification within 48 hours. Failure to respond within such time period or return of email prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim prize, each winner must pick up the prize at KXTV's Sacramento's office located at 400 Broadway in Sacramento, California within (5) business days after notification and valid photo identification may be required. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prize is not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries, or votes by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and Facebook from and against all claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries, and damages arising out of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property or any other harm arising out of entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes., the receipt, use, or misuse of any prize, or any travel or activity that is related to the Sweepstakes or any prize. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The Gas-buster Sweepstakes is sponsored by KXTV. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after May 31, 2012) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Winners List/Official Rules" (as applicable), News10's Gas-buster Sweepstakes, 400 Broadway, Sacramento, CA 95818. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Michelle Ponto. 916-321-3359 and/or email@example.com.